WEARING A FACE COVERING IN PUBLIC SETTINGS IN THE CONTEXT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Wearing a face covering in public is recommended when physical distancing is not possible, such as when you go to the grocery store or take public transit. When you wear a face covering in public, you must also follow other safety measures, such as hygiene and physical distancing measures (2 metres). For more information, see the Health recommendations for everyone section.
If you are sick, stay home. If you have to go to a clinic or to hospital, wear your face covering until you are given a procedure mask.
Children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, has a disability or is unable to remove their face covering without assistance should not wear a face covering.
ELIGIBILITY FOR COVID-19 PROGRAMS
In collaboration with La Guide, Innoprofit has developed a dynamic tool to help you quickly find the COVID-19 tax programs implemented and adapted to the video game industry. It’s simple, you answer a few questions and the system will tell you which programs you are eligible for. Click this link for Covid-19 programs and this link for regular programs.
COVID-19 QUEBEC’S VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY MOBILIZES TO HELP THE COMMUNITY
It is in a spirit of solidarity that member studios of La Guilde du jeu video du Québec have mobilized to offer a donation to Banques alimentaires du Québec. “It is in these difficult times that our values of solidarity and cooperation take on their full meaning. I’m very happy to see that great initiatives are emerging spontaneously from our industry! It has now become clear that there is strength in numbers! “said Nadine Gelly, Executive Director of La Guilde du jeu video du Québec. Many thanks to the studios that contributed to the donation (in alphabetical order):
|Budge Studios||Red Barrels|
|iLLOGIKA||Thunder Lotus Games|
|Indie Asylum||WB Games|
In addition to the financial donation, there are several other studio initiatives, including the following:
- Keywords Studios donated more than 7,000 masks to Centraide.
- Eidos Montreal will donate the profits from the sale of the Deus Ex franchise via the Steam platform from March 30 to April 1 to the Quebec Food Bank.
- Ubisoft has offered its financial support to several local organizations located in their main business cities in Quebec (Fonds d’urgence du club des petits déjeuners du Québec, Fondation du CHU de Québec, Centraide Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean).
As a first-rate partner and the sole representative in the video game industry in Quebec, La Guilde offered to coordinate the initiative on behalf of all. Congratulations!
COVID-19 DISEASE: SOLIDARITY BEETWEEN MEMBERS LA GUILDE DU JEU VIDÉO DU QUÉBEC IS THE VOICE OF THE INDUSTRY
The economic and social health for our members is a high priority for our organization. More than ever, all efforts will be important in the upcoming weeks. We are aware of the impact of this crisis and we are following the situation with the official authorities. We bring your voice, your issues and your concerns to governments.
In order to provide you with a reliable source of information and to answer questions, we have created this section of the website in order to share information related to the corona virus desease. We are confident that together we can help each other. Our values of solidarity and unity take on all their meaning at the moment: unity is strength!
Consequently, La Guilde is recommending to :
- Avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada
- Invite employees to wash their hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- If they do not have symptoms but believe they have been exposed to someone carrier of COVID-19, put themselves under quarantine.
- Avoid interior events with more than 250 people.
- Put in place an ongoing communication process with the employees of your studio
Info-Santé : 811
Gouvernement du Québec : call 1-877-644-4545 for information
Government of Canada 1-833-784-4397
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Employment and Social Development Canada
For Reference: Download these resources
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus