La Guilde organizes several activities to promote the success of Quebec’s video game developers. Born out a movement “by and for its members”, our cooperative is well positioned to address the most critical needs for entrepreneurs in the industry. Our members often lead the same battles separately; this observation is one of the reasons that led us to form this group.
We approach our members’ needs from the four following angles:
- Funding: how to find it, how to facilitate access to it, and how to learn from the best practices, etc. ;
- Business administration: from the first steps to visa applications through growth management;
- Talent: how to find the right people at the right time, how to manage peak periods, etc. ;
- Visibility of developers: how to maximize visibility of our products as technology, distribution channels and business models evolve.
A large part of La Guilde’s activities is to offer services to its members to support them in their endeavour, including in the following ways:
- Networking events between developers, students and other players in the video game industry (already available);
- Preferential rates for many professional services, notably in accounting, economic development, insurance, legal services, quality assurance, recruitment, tax credits (CTMM and SR&ED) and web sites (already available);
- Board with freelancers and interns’ profiles (already available);
- Group participation to festivals (already available);
- Preferential advantages during many local events (already available);
- Group health insurances (imminent installation);
- Rebate program with specific shops for the members and their employees (upcoming);
- Mentoring between studios (upcoming);
- Knowledge database with templates and tips about different areas, notably in administration, communications, human resources, legal services, marketing, public relations, etc. (upcoming)
The main advantage for becoming a member of La Guilde is to gain access to this large and growing array of services.