WANTED: ADVISOR IN EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (EDI)
La Guilde du jeu video du Québec is the largest cooperative in the world in the video game industry, it brings together more than 245 members in the video game ecosystem with a place of business in Quebec, whether independent or international. A powerful provincial economic engine, the video game industry generates more than $ 1 billion in economic spinoffs annually and helps maintain 13,000 jobs across Quebec.
The mission of La Guilde du jeu video du Québec is to promote the local and international video game industry in Quebec and support its development as a global hub, it wants to make Quebec the international benchmark through creation. a strong, sustainable and diverse ecosystem in the video game industry . Quality of the workforce, training, recruitment, diversity, creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship support, export, growth and influence of its members are its leitmotivs.
In addition to adhering to these fundamental values, in line with its mission and vision, La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec embodies cooperation, ambition, daring, mutual aid and inclusion and encourages its members to do the same.
Last July, La Guilde announced the implementation of a structuring action plan that would include lasting solutions and could be implemented quickly by the studios and be adapted to their reality. The objective was to raise awareness among industry players in terms of diversity and inclusion, and above all, to communicate best practices to its members. The development of this plan is a priority for the Board of Directors.
After several consultations with specialists in the field, the creation of an advisory committee and the contribution of various stakeholders in the creative industries, La Guilde is very pleased to launch the Diversity and Inclusion Plan for the video game industry which will guide its process. Additional information on the plan is available here: https://www.laguilde.quebec/fr/diversite-inclusion/
Under the direct supervision the Executive manager, the incumbent will have the mandate to set up, maintain and promote this ambitious plan.
- Passionate about the issues and various realities and perspectives on EDI;
- Independent and autonomous / Versatile and resourceful;
- Always on the lookout for news and trends in the field of EDI;
- Interest in the development of creative business and of the gaming industry in particular;
- Bilingual both orally and in writing (French and English);
- Ability to adapt the tone of communications according to the interlocutor.
- Project management (data collection and analysis, work plan, timeline , budget );
- Planning and coordination of various meetings of committees and partners;
- Facilitation of meetings and discussion workshops on issues relating to diversity and inclusion;
- Assessment of needs and context of video game studio managers in Quebec;
- Development of recommendations based on evidence;
- Monitoring the development of the action plan various projects and drafting of a detailed work plan.
Research and writing
- Drafting of public and private funding request documents and various submissions to potential suppliers ;
- Search for best practices in equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Writing of reports, strategies, work plan for the realization of the action plan;
- Collection and compilation of data and various documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in management, public administration, human resources or other related fields or equivalent experience in the field. Graduate degree in organizational change and / or ethics is an asset;
- Experience in project management;
- Understanding of the issues and realities of the community environment;
- Be comfortable to work autonomously;
- Be comfortable with Google Workspace tools;
- Be resourceful and organized;
- Have the ability to create bonds with colleagues and external partners in a telecommuting context.
As soon as possible
Permanent position, full time
Please send your application including a resume and a letter explaining why your are the best candidate for this position.
Before Monday, February 14th at 5pm on our Indeed Career Page
We thank all applicants for their interest in La Guilde du jeu video du Québec, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.