Contratulations to the winners of the 2023 Innovation Program
Squido Studio, winner of the Grand Prize of the Innovation Program, presented by CAE
Sloe Burn Games, winner of the Prix coup de coeur presented by Loto-Québec.
2023 Innovation Program finalists
- Promote research and innovation in the video game industry;
- Guide and challenge studios in their research and development thinking;
- Helping to market innovative products and services;
- Accompany studios in the completion of funding applications and the financial set-up of projects;
- Offer financial leverage to winning studios.
The program in brief
- Support from nearly twenty researchers, professors and innovation experts;
- A bank of hours for writing funding applications and support for developing innovation in your project;
- Grants and services from our partners;
- Additional workshops and mentoring throughout the year.
How does the Innovation Program work?
A cohort of 5 finalist studios will be created in the winter of 2023. Selected by a jury of experts, they will be accompanied by a committee of experts in the fields of technology, business and finance.
Studios will first have to submit their applications. Then, a cohort of 5 finalist studios will be created in the winter of 2023 following the jury’s selection.
The finalist studios will be invited to present their project to the expert panel in a 45-minute meeting, where they will be invited to discuss their innovation.
The committee members are from the following fields
- Technical expertise (sound, rendering, AI, etc.)
- Gameplay expertise (game design, narrative design, etc.)
- Strategic expertise (marketing, business plan, vision, FMC submission, etc.)
The committee members will :
- discuss and exchange research ideas and opportunities for innovation within the projects
- propose research avenues;
- guide in the writing of funding applications to the CMF and other R&D programs
The jury will reconvene and select the award winner(s) based on the recommendations of the expert panel.
The selected studios will benefit from these services:
They will be accompanied by more than twenty researchers, professors and experts in innovation
They will have at their disposal a bank of hours for the writing of funding applications, support for the financial set-up of projects and mentoring for the innovation aspect of the project.
They will be eligible for one of two scholarships
1 bursary of $15,000, presented by CAE
1 $10,000 Coup de coeur scholarship presented by Loto-Québec
Cloud services will also be offered to finalists, courtesy of OVH Cloud – AMD.
Calendar of activities
Program Launch : December 1st 2022
End of the reception of the applications : January 13, 2023.
t of selected finalist studios: Mid-January 202
Presentation of the expert committee : February 2023